Why is Yak Cashmere Better?
- Yak is 44% warmer per weight than merino wool.
- Yak has 66% better moisture wicking than sheep wool.
- Naturally odor resistant = wear them for days
- Sustainable and not factory farmed. Our yak cashmere is hand-gathered once a year by nomadic herders.
- Yak is hypo-allergenic and not itchy. Allergic to wool? You will love yak.
- Yak is soft as cashmere. With a fiber diameter of 14-17 microns.
Welcome to the world of eco-conscious luxury with our range of products crafted from the finest yak wool! At Happy Yak, we believe in delivering unparalleled comfort while caring for the environment, and yak wool allows us to do just that. Unlike merino wool, yak wool possesses exceptional thermal properties that provide superior insulation in colder climates, keeping you warm and cozy on the coldest of days. But that's not all – yak wool is also naturally hypoallergenic and gentle on sensitive skin, ensuring a blissful, irritation-free experience for our valued customers.
Not only do our yak wool products benefit our customers, but they also leave a lighter footprint on the planet. The process of obtaining yak wool is more sustainable and environmentally friendly compared to conventional merino wool production. Yaks, native to the high-altitude regions of the Himalayas and Central Asia, have adapted to survive in extreme conditions with minimal impact on their surroundings. They require no extra feed and graze on natural vegetation, significantly reducing their carbon footprint. Additionally, our commitment to ethical sourcing ensures that the yak wool is collected responsibly, supporting local communities and promoting fair trade practices